· 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour; or 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-P
· 1/2 teaspoon salt
· 1/4 cup granulated sugar
· 1 tablespoon baking powder
· 6 tablespoons cold butter, cut into pieces
· 1 cup fresh blueberries
· 2 large eggs, beaten
· 1/4 cup yogurt, plain or flavored (vanilla is good)
· 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
· 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind (zest), or 1/4 teaspoon lemon oil
· 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
· 2 tablespoons sparkling white sugar for sprinkling on top
· Preheat the oven to 375°F. Lightly grease a baking sheet, or line with parchment.
· Whisk the dry ingredients in a bowl. Add the butter and work it into the dry ingredients until the mixture is unevenly crumbly; use your fingers, a pastry blender, or an electric mixer. Gently mix the blueberries with the dry ingredients.
· Stir together the eggs, yogurt, vanilla extract, lemon zest or oil, and almond extract. Add to the dry ingredients and stir very gently, just until combined. The dough will be quite moist, like cookie dough.
· Use a muffin scoop jumbo cookie scoop, or 1/4-cup measure to scoop the dough onto the prepared sheet in scant 1/4-cupfuls, leaving about 2" between each.
· Brush each ball of dough with a bit of milk or cream, and sprinkle with coarse sparkling sugar.
· Bake the scones for 20 to 24 minutes, or until lightly browned and a cake tester or toothpick inserted into a scone comes out dry. Remove from the oven, and serve warm. To reheat, wrap loosely in aluminum foil, and bake in a preheated 350°F oven for about 8 to 10 minutes.
· Store scones, well wrapped, at room temperature for several days. Freeze for longer storage.
Cut 4-5 onions, 3 tomatos, grate ginger-garlic-green chilli. In kadhai, add oil and then add jeera, dhania seeds, tej patta. Then add onions and fry for 5-7 min. Then add grated ginger-garlic-green chilli. After 2-3 min, add turmeric, red chilli, salt and lots of dhania powder. A few min later, add tomatos. Once the mix is fried well, add chicken. Fry chicken for 15 min and when it is dried, add garam masala and dhania patta.
Pakoda – Mix methi leaves, chopped onions, grated ginger, garlic and green chilli, ajwain, red chilli powder, besan, soda, salt and water. Make thick batter. Make small pakoda.
Kadhi – Mix Yogurt and besan in a bowl. In a pan, add oil, Cumin seeds, methi dana, black pepper cord, cloves, ginger, hing, turmeric, sliced onions. Saute. Add khara red chili. When onions are done well, add Yogurt+besan mix. Add sale and red chili powder. After boiling for a few min, add pakodas.
On 2017/12/17 I did not add black pepper and reduced the amount of cloves. It came out well.
Boil potatoes (3 medium size)
Boil medium pieces of gobi. Add salt to water.. Boil just for 5 min. I over boiled it and as a result, it broke into small pieces at the end.
In a pan, add oil (I added oil generously). Then cumin seeds. Then add grated ginger- garlic-green chili paste.
After a few min add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, chopped tomatoes and salt.
Once fully sauted, add boiled potatoes, gobi, garam masala and coriander powder.
I added chat masala and tava masala as well.
I did not had it but I guess to make it sour, we can add aamchur.
· 1 cup all-purpose flour
· 2 tablespoons cornstarch
· 1 teaspoon baking powder
· 1/2 teaspoon salt
· 1 egg
· 1 cup beer
· 1/2 cup plain yogurt
· 1/2 cup mayonnaise
· 1 lime, juiced
· 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
· 1 teaspoon minced capers
· 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
· 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
· 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
· 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
· 1 quart oil for frying
· 1 pound cod fillets, cut into 2 to 3 ounce portions
· 1 (12 ounce) package corn tortillas
· 1/2 medium head cabbage, finely shredded
· To make beer batter: In a large bowl, combine flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt. Blend egg and beer, then quickly stir into the flour mixture (don't worry about a few lumps).
· To make white sauce: In a medium bowl, mix together yogurt and mayonnaise. Gradually stir in fresh lime juice until consistency is slightly runny. Season with jalapeno, capers, oregano, cumin, dill, and cayenne.
· Heat oil in deep-fryer to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
· Dust fish pieces lightly with flour. Dip into beer batter, and fry until crisp and golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Lightly fry tortillas; not too crisp. To serve, place fried fish in a tortilla, and top with shredded cabbage, and white sauce.
Grated Garlic and Ginger
Garam masala powder
Tandoori BBQ masala
Stir Fry – Mainly colored peppers… onions and tomato if you like
Start with Cumin seeds and then add Grated onions. Cook for 5-7 minutes
Then add Grated Garlic and ginger. Cook for 5 min.
Then add Tomato paste, Dhania powder and Haldi. Cook for 3-4 min.
Then add Tomato puree, Red chilli powder and salt. Cook for 2-3 min.
Then add Ilayachi and Kasoori methi.
Then add BBQed chicken
Add Fresh cream
Make paste with following
Saunf, - 1 tbl spoon
Black pepper - 1 tbl spoon
Jeera- 1 tbl spoon
Coriander seeds 2 tbl spoon
Dry red chilies